Sun - 10/2
Links to the key video segments from the School Committee and Town Council meetings are posted for your convenience. The candidate profile continues with one on Roberta Trahan for the School Committee.
Sat - 10/1
Preparing for the Harvest Festival, the Passport can be picked up at key locations around downtown. Dean College celebrates their new Campus Center. The Y is stalking up walking to school on Weds. The Senior Circuit break increases by $10 this year. The Milford Daily News starts a series of candidate profiles with Ed Cafasso.
- Two Quick Updates
- Passport: your ticket to discovering the Harvest Festival
- In the News - Cafasso, Dean College
- YMCA Walk to school, Weds Oct 5
- Senior Circuit Breaker Tax Credit increases to $980 for 2011
Fri - 9/30
The chart of the attendance records for the Town Council tells a story. The Downtown Partnership prepares for the Harvest Festival this Sunday. The Y is hosting two community awareness meetings on child sexual abuse. The Fire Dept main station will be open during the Harvest Festival on Sunday. Mount St Mary's Abbey holds an open house for their new candy building.
- Franklin, MA: Town Council Attendance
- "more crafters, more entertainers and more businesses involved than ever before"
- Community Awareness Meetings: on child sexual abuse
- Franklin Fire plans open house, Oct. 2
- Sisters at Mount Saint Mary’s plan open houses for candy facility
Thu - 9/29
Hamilton Storage got the headlines coming out of the Town Council meeting Weds night. The Charles River won an international award, a telling sign of the progress made on improving the water quality. The Metacomet Land Trust is holding a presentation on bats. I watched video broadcast of the Town Council meeting on Weds and reported on it in real time. (Note: had I been in the Council Chambers, it would have been "live reporting".)
- How should we tackle hunger?
- Hamilton Storage Technologies
- Bats in peril
- McGovern talks with Medway farmers about local agriculture needs
- Charles River: 2011 winner of the International Riverprize
- Town Council 09/28/11
- Real time reporting - closing
- Real time reporting - high school building project
- Real time reporting - Legislation (part 1)
- Real time reporting - Town Council - 9/28/11
Wed - 9/28
News from the Milford Daily with the lead article on the School Committee meeting Tues and the announcement of the new contract with the Teachers union.
In the News: fire, fraud, culture, time
Tue - 9/27
The reality of the budget cuts are starting to be felt with slower response times from the Fire Dept. The School Building Committee met on Monday and worked on some design changes to the 'model school'. Spraying for mosquitoes was announced.
- "we're at the point where that's no longer possible"
- How hungry are you?
- "We will put those numbers out to the public as soon as they're available"
- Franklin, Marlborough charter schools earn MCAS kudos
- Senate Adopts Spilka's Amendments to Protect Local Communities
- Franklin to be sprayed for mosquitoes tomorrow
Mon - 9/26
Franklin's newsletter "The Express Line" was published with info on the high school building time line, the DPW and other town news. The Food Pantry sent out their fall update via email and it was shared here.