Everyone is probably happy to say goodbye Irene! The Hurricane made its way up the east coast, hit Manhattan and Vermont head on. The damage to Vermont is going to take a long time to recover from. Western MA was also hit significantly with flood damage. Most of our area sustained wind damage and lasting electricity outages.
Sunday - Sep 4
Geoffrey Zub is improving Franklin's entries on Google maps. With the lingering water, mosquitoes are now around. What is the labor situation as we head into Labor Day?
- "improving the map for all users"
- PUBLIC HEALTH ADVISORY: mosquito alert
- In the News: SNAP benefits, Irene update
- Jobs and the Massachusetts Economy on Labor Day 2011
Saturday - Sep 3
Chris Clay was a fount of info during the garden walkabout. Sustainable fishing and updates on the MOMS Club and important info on SNAP benefits.
- Community Garden Walkabout
- "a global fishing crisis that is masked by sparkling blue waters"
- In the News - MOMS Club, Irene help
Friday - Sep 2
Parents of boys should view the short video. Mass Budget has and update on school funding. Franklin, Bellingham and Milford continue to push back on the proposed EPA regulations to control phosphorus in the Charles River basin.
- The demise of guys (video)
- In the News - mosquitoes, electricity
- Public School Funding in Massachusetts: Where We Are, What Has Changed, and How We Compare to Other States
- In the News - youth baseball, Vallee
- Another School Year!
- Towns may get delay on river fix
Thursday - Sep 1
For those looking for work, there was a good event on Friday (recap here), an update on the electrical restoration process and another Mass Budget report.
- Final Prep for Job Search Jam Sessions
- "a lack of electricity four days after"
- Updated Fiscal Fallout Report & Updated Budget Browser
Wednesday - August 31
Multiple updates on events post-Irene, Beaver St expands hours, school start is delayed and the YMCA is running a membership promotion.
- YMCA - September Membership Promotion
- New partnership with Greater Boston Food Bank
- In the News - schools, FSPA, FYHA
- Beaver St Recycling Hours
- Franklin Public Schools: Opening Delayed until Sep 6
Tuesday - August 30
Photos from the walk around Franklin on Monday, the YMCA opens its doors to those without electricity and some school announcements.
- Tree damage
- "it doesn't show any sign of coming back"
- Y Opens Doors to Residents Without Power
- Franklin Public Schools: Open House/Classroom Visits
- Franklin Public Schools: Professional Development Schedule 8/30/11
Monday - August 29
Without electricity, I was conserving my laptop battery power so there was only one item published.