After Town Clerk Deb Pellegri spoke at the Town Council meeting letting people know that there were openings still, there was a rush of business. (Video segment available here) If all the papers get turned in and certified, we could have some competition for Town Council and School Committee. We should have a choice. Folks who care about Franklin should volunteer to help the community. Running for a local government position is one of the many ways to give back.
Sunday - 9/18
The Franklin Downtown Partnership networking lunch scheduled for Fri, 9/23 and the possibility f the Blackstone River Valley becoming a national park provide some balance for the other two posts related to bicycles. One Milford turned out to clean their bike path in advance of a formal ribbon cutting next weekend and the REcycle club at Franklin High gathered 65 bikes and over $200 for Bikes Not Bombs on Saturday.
Sat - 9/17
A couple of photos from local contributors from the Back to Football Friday event at Parmenter, Berry Insurance is collecting Halloween costumes and the Milford Daily News has articles on Dean College, Ellis Paul and the FPAC season that was just announced.
Fri - 9/16
The Kennedy Community Playground announces 2 fund raising events, Chief Steve Williams discusses retirement, a reminder on the Framer's Market, Cultural Council and Women's Club were in the Milford Daily News.
- 2 Kennedy Playground Fund Raisers
- "Do I have to do anything?"
- Farmer's Market - Open - Noon to 6:00 PM
- In the News - 9/11, Cultural Council, Women's Club
- Reminder: Bike Recycling
Thu - 9/15
The Town Council meeting accounts for most of the postings as I did get to attend in person and it was a good meeting to catch. Chief Steve Williams resignation was announced. Joe McGann will let the voters decide if he should be on the Town Council (with only a 54% attendance record since Nov 2009). Four liquor license suspensions were discussed and approved for those caught selling liquor to minors.
- "I'm sad to see him go"
- "I'm going to let the voters decide"
- In the News - golf tournament, Gerry's Place, diabetes walk
- Town Council 09/14/11
- Live reporting - Closing
- Live reporting - Legislation for action
- Live reporting - Irene response
- Live reporting - door to door solicitations
- Live reporting - new liquor license
- Live reporting - Liquor license failures
- Live reporting - Town Council - 9/14/11
Wed - 9/14
Mount St Mary's Abbey announces their Open House of their new candy building. Census data is released revealing updates on health care and poverty data. Office hours for Rep Vallee. Kennedy School announces a bottle and can fund raiser.
- Mount St Mary's new Candy House
- "Online learning developments hit a snag"
- Two fact sheets on new health care, poverty data from the U.S. Census Bureau
- Rep. Vallee holds office hours in Franklin, Medway
- Kennedy School council holding bottle and can fundraiser
Tue - 9/13
The School Committee published their agenda including their District Improvement Plan. The Citizens Rail Trail Committee was also meeting Tuesday night. Mower N More announced a preseason tune up special for snow blowers.
Mon - 9/12
The Kennedy Community Playground can use your help. We'll hear more from this group as their fund raising efforts are scheduled.
- Kennedy Community Playground can use your help!
- a common denominator
- Tucoola - Games for Kids and Parents to Play Together