Sunday - Sep 11
Construction at the former Piccadilly Pub in preparation of the new Ichigo Ichie opening in October, athletes from FHS were around the neighborhood on Saturday doing some fund raising and the Town Council agenda for their meeting on Wednesday. The School Committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday and their agenda is not yet available.
Saturday - Sep 10
Announcements on the upcoming Circle of Friends Coffeehouse schedule and a seminar on sustainability by the United Regional Chamber of Commerce
Friday - Sep 9
The weekly reminder about the Farmer's Market, an update on the taxes for photography services, the Democratic Town Committee schedules a presentation on Clean Air, Judith Pond-Pfeiffer writes a 'letter to the editor' and Sen Karen Spilka gets into long range planning for transportation
- Farmer's Market - open - noon to 6:00 PM
- Photography services - what is taxable?
- Franklin Democratic Town Committee: Clean Air presentation
- Pond Pfeffer: The trials and tribulations of Irene
- Public Workshop on Long Range Transportation Plan for MetroWest
Thursday - Sep 8
The last day to take out papers to run in the Franklin election is Friday, Sep 16. The last day to turn them in is Monday, Sep 19. After the papers have been verified, we'll know who is running for what positions.
Wednesday - Sep 7
The Franklin Citizens Rail Trail Committee is considering re-doing their mission statement and shared some samples prior to their next meeting Sep 13. Sen Richard Ross has emergency surgery, former football coach Leone was to be honored on Friday and the DPW updated the Beaver St recycling center hours to handle the yard waste from the storm.
- Franklin Citizens Rail Trail - mission statement
- In the News - schools, Newcomers, Internet
- Sen. Richard Ross undergoes emergency knee surgery
- Former Franklin football coach Leone to be honored Friday
- Beaver St Recycling Hours
Tuesday - Sep 6
The Newcomers Club kicks off their new calendar year, Dean College is opening their cafeteria for Sunday brunch, the high school will collect bikes to recycle them and a video from TED on the cost of attention.
- FRANKLIN NEWCOMERS AND FRIENDS CLUB KICKS OFF NEW YEAR
- Dean College opens its doors for Sunday brunch
- Collecting used bikes
- The cost of attention (video)
Monday - Sep 5
A thoughtful post from Seth Godin and a TED video on the magic of truth and lies. Good viewing!