Monday - 8/22
Articles on the expansion of farmers' markets, use of local produce in school lunches, talk of a waiver for MA from the NCLB requirements, and update from the FTC on product warranties and the Y announces some races for Sep 10.
- YMCA announces races on Sep 10th
- "fewer soggy chicken nuggets"
- "people want convenience"
- product warranties
- "A waiver for Massachusetts could lift a burden"
- "Economic inequality"
Tuesday - 8/23
High PCC meeting schedule is published, a recap of the Planning Board meeting, updates on Downtown Partnership events, the agenda for the School Committee meeting and a good video from TED on listening.
- Summer time. Crickets. Waves.
- Franklin, MA: School Committee - Agenda - 8/23/11
- Networking Luncheon and Harvest Fest Reminders
- "It's clear that the unit has to be on-site"
- Franklin High School PCC Meetings Set--Franklin, MA
Wednesday - 8/24
The United Regional Chamber of Commerce announces a sustainability seminar, info from the Red Cross to prepare for a hurricane, info on the upcoming Job Search Jam Session (do you know someone out of work? this is for them!) and another good video this time from the ImprovEverywhere group in NYC.
- Say Something Nice!
- Let Hopkinton be the start!
- Hurricane Info from the Red Cross
- Business Sustainability Seminar
Thursday - 8/25
The bus routes have been published, an update from our neighbors in Wrentham on a mapping project they have underway, local officials are pushing back on the proposed EPA Stormwater regulations and a new sign found at the end of the northbound Exit 16 onto King St that recognizes the Wrestling Team.
- FHS Wrestlers recognized
- "This is not a partisan issue ... This is a money issue"
- Mapping Wrentham
- Franklin Schools' 2011-2012 Bus Routes
Friday - 8/26
A little word fun today with the repetitive use of "making" to announce a can and bottle drive, recognize a girls efforts to create a dog park, an update on the candidates for Franklin's town election in November, a new survey says Franklin is not a good community for walking, and a reminder about the farmers' market.
- Making a purchase!
- Making strides - yes or no?
- Making a race!
- Making the way for dogs!
- Making a drop off (for the can drive slated on Sept. 10)
Saturday - 8/27
Sen Spilka and Congressman McGovern got the word out on hurricane preparations, a last minute notice for a walkabout in the community garden and a photo of the Big Y taking a step forward (finally).
- Big Y takes some action
- Community Garden Walkabout - August 27th 9am-11am
- US Congressman Jim McGovern: Hurricane Irene: Be Prepared
- State Senator Karen Spilka: Staying Safe During Hurricane Irene
Sunday - 8/28
More hurricane related items, an electronics recycling event in Providence, info on my preparations for the Franklin election in November and finally some changes to the website to be aware of.
- Franklin MAtters: Changes to be aware of
- How will you decide?
- Drop off, Donate and Volunteer - Stuff Harvest
- All Commuter Rail Lines/Routes Alert
- NationalGrid: Hurricane Irene Preparedness