|Chilson Beach in winter|
|Ice fishing on Beaver Pond|
As many of you may recall, the Parmenter School Tour was scheduled for Thursday Jan 10th. Prior school tours have had minimal attendance by the general public. As we approach this weeks tour, I checked the school websites, newsletters, etc. and offered the following to the School Committee and Central Office.
- The Parmenter PCC has no notification on its webpage or weekly update.
- The Parmenter School newsletter has no notification of this event
- The Parmenter School sign has no mention of the event.
- The School Committee blog last update was for the overall tour schedule as published in Sep 2012.
- The Schools website has no mention of the event (this one or past, or future tours).
- Could there be an update on the School Committee blog?
- Could there be an update on the community event calendar with the cable channels?
- Could there be a press release touting the tour and showing off the only school installation of solar panels, or even of the rain gardens in the front, or of the modulars removed from the property?
- Could some one use a couple of minutes of the Citizens Comments at the beginning of the Town Council meeting on Wednesday to spread the word?
- Could some one think of some other way to help spread the word about this free yet valuable opportunity to meet with School Administration, School Committee and local school principals?
Note: The Parmenter sign was updated to tout the tour. The one set of parents that did show up for the tour heard about it via a ConnectED notification sent to all the school families that chose to register. But what about the non-school families? Were they notified in some way? Unless they heard about the tour via Franklin Matters, or perhaps the school sign and chose not to attend, they may not have known.
The choice is with the School Committee and Central Office. They all do an awful lot of good work and could do a better job of sharing information about the work they do. I do my part on here on Franklin Matters and the Facebook page, but I wish they would do a little better in the communication area. A little bit of work can go a long way!
If you think the School Committee and Central Office can do a better job of communicating, then you should let them know. Email addresses for the School Committee can be found here
- Franklin musician Christie Leigh aims for big time
- Franklin, MA: School Committee - Agenda - Jan 15, 2013
- Franklin Public Schools: Proposed Calendar 2013-2014
- Franklin Library: Krafty Mondays
- Franklin road conditions: from worst to first!
- In the News: Hamilton Storage, Ben's birthday
- New law requires national background check for teachers
- Annual Report 2012: Planning & Community Development
- Public Forum: Core Values, Beliefs about Learning
- Update: Hamilton Storage Technologies
- MassBudget: Budget Preview. FY14 deficit = $1.2 billion
- In the News: Shaw's, new album, isolation
- Parmenter School Tour
- Franklin accomplishments in 2012
- Town Council - 01/09/13
- Voices of Franklin: Boston Globe Headline Misleads Public in Dookhan Case
- Franklin's Dookhan pleads not guilty to five counts of obstruction of justice
- Live reporting - closing
- Live reporting - Legislation
- Live reporting - medical marijuana zoning
- Live reporting - Town Council - Jan 9, 2013
- Annual Report 2012: Council on Aging
- Finance Committee - 01/08/13
- Franklin Library: Hobbit Party
- Use it with caution!
- Live reporting - prep for budget FY 2014
- Live reporting: Finance Committee - Jan 8, 2013
- Franklin, MA: Finance Committee - Agenda - Jan 8, 2013
- Annual Report 2012: Design Review Commission
- Rail Trail Committee - Agenda - Jan 8, 2013
- DEAN COLLEGE CHILDREN’S CENTER “PARENT SEMINAR: KINDERGARTEN, HERE I COME”
- In the News: CD release, i495/RT 9, glass harmonica
- Another #1 for Franklin