Martin Luther King Day today and a holiday for most. School is out here in Franklin and elsewhere.
Benjamin Franklin's birthday was celebrated with a party at the Historical Museum on Sunday. A good crowd gathered to hear Vera Meyer's play the glass harmonica, one of Ben's many inventions.
The Town Council meets on Wednesday. Among the items on the agenda:
1 - Treasurer/Collector, Jim Dacey apparently will talk about a section of the Home Rule process
2 - DPW Director, Brutus Cantoreggi will provide an update on the DPW snow plowing process.
In the action items, one key piece is the first part of the capital budget is scheduled for approval.
TOTAL REQUESTED: $ 1,598,000
PURPOSE: To transfer/appropriate funds for the 2013 Capital Improvement Plan:
Dept Type Amount
Fire Equipment $215,000
Police Equipment $ 92,000
Police Vehicles $ 71,000
Town Technology Equipment $ 97,500
School Vehicles $ 63,000
School Technology $233,000
DPW Vehicles & Equipment $193,500
DPW Street/Sidewalk/Drainage $500,000
Facilities – School Equipment $133,000
If you missed anything from the past week, these links can help you catch up!
- Franklin, MA: Town Council - Agenda - Jan 23, 2012
- Change to Beaver St Recycling Center sitckers
- Friendly Reminder - Curbside collection delayed this week
- Livy's Hope - The Cake Bar
- Food Pantry: Volunteers needed for Phone-a-thon
- MassBudget: Analyzing the Governor's Proposals on Education, Transportation, and Revenue
- In the News: Lt Gov Murray, head on crash, right to repair, stove rebates
- Downtown triangle signs
- Andy Puddicombe: All it takes is 10 mindful minutes (video)
- Governor Patrick calls for income tax hike, sales tax cut
- Discover Dean College (video)
- Two hurt in head-on crash on Rte. 140 in Franklin
- Annual Report 2012: Franklin Library
- Mass Poetry Festival - May 3 - 5, 2013 (video)
- February Programs at the Franklin Library - for children and adults
- In the News: Library, Train station, casino, drug lab
- In the News: SPED Vans, education spending
- MassDOR: Tax Preparation Video for 2013
- MassBudget: the benefits of Early Ed & Care....and the funding cuts
- Upcoming Event: Solar Anniversary Celebration
- In the news: food collection, Democratic caucus, softball registration
- 2012 FOOTBALL ACCOLADES INCLUDE 4 SIGNED TO DIVISION-1 TEAMS
- Kaitlyn B. Schlegel
- "What is clear is that we can’t afford the system we have today"
- Massachusetts Bar Association's 28th annual Mock Trial Program
- Franklin Library: Digital Photographs
- iPhone Photography Workshop