After many years of discussion, meetings, proposals, and revisions the MSBA has approved the plan and amount as proposed for Franklin to use the model school program to replace Franklin High School. Franklin stands to gain a 104.5 million dollar school for the outlay of 47 million by the Franklin taxpayers. The Commonwealth of MA has determined to provide the rest. This is no small deal. This is a big and good deal. Where in this day and age of tight money can you get a 2 dollar return for the dollar you put down?
Some fly-by-night internet scam may catch your eye promising such a return. They won't deliver. They can't. Once you turn over your dollar, they are gone! Not so with this deal. The Commonwealth has been good to Franklin over the years. They are very good to us now.
This is an opportunity of a life time. Your children's life time perhaps. Maybe they will get to go to this new school. Mine are through FHS and college, and into the working world.
And no, the building alone does not provide a good education. It is the stage upon which the education can be conducted. It is a worthy stage for the highly qualified teachers, principals and other staff to provide the best we can for our children.
This is the start of the big show. Wednesday night's Town Council meeting will determine the date and the text for the ballot question that the Franklin taxpayers can vote upon to either approve this deal, or say no.
Stay tuned into this. This is the big deal!
For additional details on the Town Council agenda and action items, follow the links below.
- Franklin, MA: Town Council - Agenda - Feb 1, 2012
- Proposed Ballot Question for Debt Exclusion
- Resolution 12-05
- Weight Watchers to open an office
- Wadsworth Diary - Jan 29, 1892
- Commuter rail could soon be a costly ticket to ride
- Wadsworth Diary - Jan 28, 1892
- Sunrise Montessori School Open House
- In the News - rail trail, state growth, cell phones
- FPAC to feature concert with Jamie Barrett
- Should the Wadsworth Diary continue?
- Wadsworth Diary - Jan 27, 1892
- The Campaign for a New Franklin High School Needs Your Help!
- "funds from casinos and the slots go to local aid"
- Dala with Amy Black Feb 4th
- Area towns get share of state's unclaimed property
- Wadsworth Diary - Jan 26, 1892
- In the News - No Name Calling Day
- Funding for new Franklin High School approved by state
- New Report: A First Look at the Governor's FY 2013 Budget
- Wadsworth Diary - Jan 25, 1892
- Volunteer for the Food Pantry 2nd Annual Phone Drive
- "schools opt out of School Choice"
- Rules for using Franklin's Dacey Field Dog Park
- Franklin Library: Kindle eReaders
- Wadsworth Diary - Jan 24, 1892
- Franklin celebrates Ben Franklin's birthday
- In the News: Chinese New Year, mock trial, camera workshop
- Enriching Summer Learning
- Absentee ballots available in Franklin
Wadsworth Diary - Jan 23, 1892
In the News: library, mock trial