Monday morning, 9:00 AM the School Building Committee meets and is reported to find out the proposed dollar figures for the model school. Assuming that happens, and is approved, then the proposal will go to the MSBA for their decision in January. All this at least according to the timeline reviewed in the Forum held Nov 17th. The audio recording is available here for you to listen to at your leisure.
Finance Committee meets Tuesday evening and they get an early look at the plan for the FY 2013 budget.
The Town Council meets Wednesday and they get an update on the Master Plan. Franklin's Master Plan was last finalized in 1997 and overdue for an update. The Planning and Community Development documents talk of a schedule for updating the plan during 2009 and 2010. That schedule did not happen. Which is not to say that nothing was done. There is a whole lot of work required and several components did have progress. The details of these components are what should be covered in the meeting Wednesday.
How does the Master Plan matter?
The Master Plan determines the overall development of the land within Franklin's boundary. What is permitted to go where. What should be kept open space? What kind of mix of commercial and industrial development should we have? It is too late to complain at a Planning Board hearing that the Big Y shouldn't be coming in to RT 140. The time to determine what can use that space is with the Master Plan.
There will be community involvement with the Master Plan. This is our time to have our say.
For example, also on the agenda for the Town Council meeting Weds are changes to the zoning bylaws to expand the area for biotechnology within the current commercial and industrial areas. If you are a neighboring property owner, now is the time to raise your concerns.
- Town Council - Agenda - Dec, 7, 2011
- "a transparent process based on real budget limitations"
- Mall Santa Musical (video)
- Whole Foods - 5% day benefits Hockomock Area YMCA
- Finance Committee - Agenda - Dec 6, 2011
- "the change will be good for Franklin"
- You're Invited - Healthy Kids Summit - Tues 12/6 @ Patriots Place
- Downtown Partnership says "Thank You!"
- Giving the Gift of Less
- In the News - Youth baseball, music boosters
- DOR warns of Senior Circuit Breaker Tax Credit scam
- Santa's arrival (photo slideshow)
- 12 Days of Donating to Benefit Franklin Food Pantry
- "this gets people thinking"
- In the News - veterans benefits, adult education
- "Your local tax dollar is spent in your town"
- Taking a LEAP! (video)
- 3 more Franklin Area Blogs
- Breakfast with Santa - Franklin British Beer Company
- Town Council - 11/30/11
- Live reporting - closing
- Live reporting - legislation for action
- Live reporting - Tax hearing
- Live reporting - Citizens comments
- Live reporting - Town Council
- Franklin Area Blogs
- "When the time comes, we'll be as generous as we can"
- In the News - Cub Scouts, flu shots, dog park
- Holiday News from Jane's Frames
- Food Elves and Partnership "12 Days of Donating"
- What is turquoise?
- Dean College: "Blinking"
- In the News - FHS, Nutcracker, workshops, $50K, handbells, fair
- Elizabeth Warren - House Party - Dec 3
- FM #101 - Tax Rate Info
- New MassBudget Report on State Education Funding
- Eat at Pizzeria Uno on Tuesday December 6th and Support Franklin Music Boosters, Inc.!
- Santa arrives on the Franklin Town Common