The Finance Committee appropriated over $3.3M on a variety of projects that have been talked of for some time and are now taking a step forward. There is still a way to go for most of the projects but it is a start. Capital funds were established for a new fire truck, for the artificial turf fields and for the Senior Center. Money was put aside now for these items but more will be needed. A little bit at a time requires planning!
The Town Council also appropriated the same amount making the final approval that that FinCom had passed along to them. The FinCom votes were all 8-0 and the Town Council votes were all 9-0. Some discussion but everyone agreed this was good planning!
The Relay for Life was held on the high school field on Friday night into Saturday. Exactly how much money they raised to fight cancer is not known as this is written. There were dozens of teams, tents and bunches of folks still walking when Dolores and I stopped by Saturday morning. Planning for this event started months ago. Planning for this event was critical for successful execution!
The Parmenter 5K was held on Sunday. This is the 4th annual event and it has been growing in size each year. It is good to see so many folks coming out to exercise and fund raise for the school. Planning again.
Not much time left for kindergartners; school will be out for the summer soon. What are you planning to do with your summer? I hope you are planning to do something good!
The rain garden planted in a few locations around the Parmenter School is carefully planned to naturally treat rain water before it makes its way to the brooks and streams and eventually to the Charles River. Yes, planning!
- Franklin, MA: School Committee - Agenda - Jun 12, 2012
- Franklin, MA: PMC Kids
- Franklin Public Schools - Teacher Retirements
- June -= MA Dairy Month
- Franklin police looking to replace Crown Vics
- Downtown Project - Public Hearing - Jun 28 7:00 PM
- Strawberry Stroll Today
- Young Artists Gallery Show 2012
- Don't Bug Me! 6/16/12
- In the News: leadership, DelCarte, bullies, Relay, Strawberry
- Town Council - 06/06/12
- Live reporting - Closing
- Live rreporting - Action items - part 2
- Live reporting - action items - part 1
- Live reporting - Town Council - June 6, 2012
- Franklin Food Pantry: Volunteer Opportunities
- Strawberry Stroll - Thursday - Jun 7
- Free Silver Line Ride: Logan to South Station
- "the signal will help alleviate that traffic"
- Suspect in Franklin home invasion being held
- Live reporting - Finance Committee - Jun 5, 2012
- Reminder: Parmenter 5K - Jun 10
- In the News: home invasion, housing authority, teacher contract
- MEMA prepares for hurricane season in Massachusetts
- State releases first Tax Credit Transparency Report identifying recipients o...
- Happy Birthday Minimum Wage
DPW Construction Plans for 2012
Big Y: Franklin, MA