The Library Book Sale collected 164 pounds of food items for the Food Pantry as well as almost $181. Thank you, every bit helps our neighbors.
The Town Council may have spent more time on the budget on Wednesday night. For those who showed up on Thursday, there was very little discussion and 15 minutes later the FY 2013 budget was approved. (Note the Town Council did spend more time on the Budget on Wednesday, you can view the meeting here)
Jeff Roy launched his campaign for the 10th Norfolk House seat that Rep Jim Vallee has announced he will step aside from as his term expires later this year. There are five candidates for the Sep 6 primary on the Republican and Democratic slates looking to survive to face off for the Nov 8th election.For me, the highlight of the week was the opportunity to participate as one of the judges for the Franklin High School Senior Project. What is the Senior Project? Kristy Yankee provided the following presentation and overview to the School Committee meeting earlier this year.
I was one of the three judges for four presentations. Along with a teacher and school administrator, I was to observe the student's presentation and participate in a Q&A session to help determine their mastery of the subject matter. It was hard to score them as they were all so good. The learning experiences that they had will have a longer value than a single grade can indicate.
Measuring the Universe
AG issues emergency Open Meeting Law regulation
- Garden Party Monday
- Franklin council unanimously backs budget
- In the News - workshop, drug charges
- Vote for HMEA!
- Town Council - Budget Hearing FY 2013
- Oak St School sign
- "pleased with the level of communication and transparency"
- HMEA is Finalist in nationwide contest in the Toyota 100 Cars for Good program
- Trout Derby in Franklin
- In the News - holdup, drunk driving, hearing postponed
- Memorial Day Murph!!!!
- Holiday Weekend: Travel Safely
- Election 2012: Jeff Roy Launches Campaign
- “These are really important presentations”
- Analyzing the Senate Ways and Means Budget for FY 2013
- Franklin Downtown Partnership: 2012 Strawberry Stroll
- In the News: tick season, film directors, scam warnings
- Summer Camp, Summer Programs & Community Campaign
- Franklin, MA: FY 2013 Budget hearings
- Big Y: construction progress
- This Week on the Radio: "Take the Money and Run for Office"
- Franklin Downtown Partnership: Networking Event
- Lifelong Learning: Summer programs