Neighbors helping neighbors.
Whether it is helping to spread the word about the upcoming vote for the new high school, or parents spending time with their children’s sports teams as coaches, or fund raising, when folks get involved to help one another, good things happen.
The next two Saturday’s will see dozens of volunteers making hundreds of phone calls for the Franklin Food Pantry. The all volunteer effort is the second annual phonathon for the Food Pantry.
The “all volunteer” fundraising effort is key. The Pantry depends upon our volunteers to collect food, money and help deliver services to our Franklin neighbors. Your dollar contribution gets multiplied when leveraged by our network of resources. The Greater Boston Food Bank, BJ Warehouse, Panera, Stop & Shop and many others all join in this effort to put food on the table.
Dean College allows the Food Pantry to use their bank of phones. If you do have caller ID, the volunteer phone calls will appear as “Dean College.”
If you will be away from Franklin for school vacation, you can make a contribution through the Food Pantry website or via the link on Franklin Matters. Either way, the money gets directly to the Food Pantry.
You can also mail a check to the Food Pantry. The address is PO Box 116, Franklin, MA 02038-0116
Or drop a check off during the day when the Food Pantry is open. Tuesday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Will you help your neighbor by making a contribution?
Note: There are two paid employees of the Food Pantry; Executive Director, Anne Marie Bellavance and Operations Manager, Linda Sottle.
Note: I am on the Board of Directors for the Franklin Food Pantry. It is one good way for me to help give back to this community because I do believe that Franklin matters!
- Franklin Food Pantry: 2nd Annual Phonathon
- Wadsworth Diary - Feb 12, 1858
- Franklin, MA: Town Council - Agenda - Feb 15, 2012
- Wadsworth Diary - Feb 11, 1858
- Facts About the Cost of the New Franklin High School
- Discover Tax program generates business expense audits
- Shopping event to benefit Franklin Fusion Softball
- Franklin, MA: Parking Ban Activated
- Wadsworth Diary - Feb 10, 1858
- Video Documentary: MBTA After Hours
- Bellingham library may help Franklin patrons
- 2nd Annual Big Wedding Giveaway
- Wadsworth Diary - Feb 9. 1858
- "making sure there is a consistent cost approach"
- Franklin Downtown Partnership: Membership Application
- In the News - Franklin Art, Valentine Dance, Silent auction
- Updates to Massbudget's Budget Browser
- Wadsworth Diary - Feb 8, 1858
- Franklin Food Pantry Phone-a-thon
- “It’s difficult to operate under budget cuts"
- “I think there’s a serious need for it"
- Franklin, Bellingham respond well to American Legion boost
- "urge restoration of funding to the Franklin Library"
- Wadsworth Diary - Feb 7, 1858
- Workplace Wellness Initiative
- Municipal Appropriation Requirement (MAR)
- Franklin Public Library - decertified
- Wadsworth Diary - Feb 6, 1858
- CDC Fact Sheet: Heads Up Concussion in Youth Sports
- Scholastic Art Awards
- High school plan will be on ballot
- Franklin Downtown Partnership: Important Dates