What is up for this coming week?
The Town Council votes to allocate money for the capital budget. Regular readers should be aware that Franklin doesn't have a line item in our budget for a capital plan. What is used is the 'free cash' generated annually. Free cash is 'extra' money from the prior year budget that is a result of two things. One, more income than forecasted or less spending than budgeted for. The 'free cash' is a good source for the capital budget as it is one time money, already available. Using 'free cash' to pay for operational expenses just digs the budget further into the hole for next time.
Follow the link in the Town Council agenda document to review the capital items for this year.
Also worthy of noting, the template design for both the website and Facebook pages has changed. Forced by the Facebook change to implement their timeline format, I choose to spring clean the website as well. I hope the fresh look is welcoming. The content is still here. The intent behind it won't change other than for an improvement.
As a reminder to all readers, the Voices of Franklin is something that can be used for any topic pertaining to the business of Franklin. It doesn't have to be reserved for special elections. If you have something to say about something that matters to Franklin, say it respectfully and it can be published here. This can be as easy as composing an email to send to a special email address. It will sit in draft mode until published usually the next day. Detail information on the process can be found here.
- Franklin, MA: Town Council - Agenda - Apr 4, 2012
- Photo essay: Bren Bataclan shows his work in Franklin
- Curbside Chronicle: Apr-Jun 2012
- Beaver St: Recycling Center
- Bren Bataclan: Art Show
- Reminder: Earth Hour - 8:30 PM
- Franklin Art Association to meet, April 4
- Marijuana tax stamps still on sale even though law up in smoke
- Earth Hour: Sat 3/31/12 beginning at 8:30 PM
- Gardening for the Hungry (video)
- In the News - solar panels, disappointed voter
- Franklin, MA: Economic Development Summit
- “We feel it’s a better future for the children”
- MBTA: Letter to Our Customers
- Franklin voters approve tax hike for $104.5m high school
- Trust tips #8 - Tell me more, please! (video)
- “This is a great day for the town of Franklin”
- In the News - marathoner, softball, many voting
- Franklin, MA: Debt Exclusion - precinct totals
- Franklin, MA says "Yes" to model school program
- 15 Letters to the Editor
- Voices of Franklin - Bill Glynn - Misinformation Campaign Manipulates Senior Citizens
- Self-interest = Community Interest (video)
- Voting Information for the New FHS Ballot Measure
- In the News - vote today, planning board, yard waste
- Voices of Franklin: Sean Donahue - Misinformation Corrected
- The Cake Bar will be moving to Downtown Franklin
- VOTE YES Spirit Day
- “This is probably the cheapest it’s going to be"
- In the news - signs, teachers